Sunday, March 2, 2014

My visit to Malta

On Sunday morning after having breakfast at the Sorada Hotel I traveled by bus to the city of Mdina- and Rabat, I went to mass in Mdina, the masa was all in the language of Malta. The only words I understood were Aleluya and Maria hehehehehe, I'm glad that I had already read the readings in English.
Sad to say but in that georgous cathedral there were only 30 people attending Sunday mass. I was one of them. Most of the people attnding were seniors, only 2 young people, the altar server and the one who reac the petitions.

After mass I walked around the city of Medina which is called the Silent City. Beautiful, I dont have words to describe it.

After nmy visit to Medina I cross the street and I was in The city of Rabat, another beautiful city. I walked down the street to the church of St. Agatha to visit the cript of St. Paul that according to the tradition, it was here in this cript he stayed for three months as a aprisioner waiting to be taken to Rome to see the Cesar for his trial.

I praid at the crypt for all of us that have the task of teaching the faith like St Paul.
After having lunch I took the bus to travel to the city of Mosta to visit the church of St. Mary, beautiful breathtaking. Check the pictures.

To end my day I went back to Valleta to the Carnaval. My visit was short, just the weekend. I wish I could have had more time to visita the many sites, cities and churches that Malta offers to the visitors.
It was a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment